The other day my sister sent me this pic. I originally thought she sent it to show me that Hudson’s socks were mismatched lol he does dress himself- and then my eyes narrowed in on his six pack!
Super proud mom moment. I was so impressed with Hudson and truthfully shocked! We have been traveling so much and he has not been in any sports or any official activities.
If you ask Hudson how he got his 6 pack or advice on how to get one, because you’d be surprised how many people ask him and that he has advice 🙂 He says you need to play REALLY hard, not kinda hard REALLY hard and then you’ll have one 🙂
Hudson really does just that. If you follow my instagram(@birdalamode) you might not know who I am currently talking about, I have a son named Hudson. You probably wouldn’t know that because he is always playing REALLY hard and never has time to take pictures. 🙂
I am not super strict with diet and am not a believer of organic. I do cook most of our meals, that is if occasion allows.
Here is an outline of my beliefs with my children and their nutrition
*our sayings are meant to be funny and harmless 🙂
- If you have to “nuc” it, you shouldn’t consume it *microwave
- The whiter the bread, the sooner your dead *wheat bread only
- I don’t salt their food
- I don’t butter their food *once on your lips, forever on your hips 🙂
- We don’t make dessert – but we do go out for treats a lot
- I never make them finish their plates *rather have it go to waste then end up on our waist
- We always pat the grease off our pizza *mostly because its unnecessary oil, it is messy and always hot.
We do on the other hand
- Let our kids eat sugary cereal (cinnamon toast crunch is their fav!)
- Let them have seconds *kids know their bodies and when they are hungry and when they are full
- We always get “carnival food” and lots of it wherever we are movies, boardwalk, fair, vacations ect
We are just normal. We do not cause any anxiety towards food. We enjoy good meals and encourage our active children to eat. It’s up to us as parents to provide good food options, which is why I limit drive throughs, take the time to read ingredients on food labels and finally started to cook well rounded meals.
If you need any ideas on healthy kid meal ideas let me know below:)