we believe in short walks to the fridge, laughing ’til it hurts & saying “I love you” whenever you feel like it 🙂
Kids are currently playing in the snow and Dallin and I are decorating the tree. Today the only thing I want to do is stay home and play in the snow.
dress (eliza j) / tights (nordstrom) / boots (rag and bone)
plaid shirt (walmart) / jeans (rag and bone) / boots (stuart weitzerman) / black faux fur coat (eliza j) / headband (asos)coat (h&m) / flare jeans (similar) / brown boots (french connection) / boys suspenders (h&m) / collared shirts (h&m) / uggs (nordstrom)
Apples are our favorite.They keep the dr. away, and are also natures toothbrush. But did you know they can also be used as oil, butter and sugar substitutes in baking. Yesterday we harvested some for our Thanksgiving feast. We are not big on pies, so we make apple cake. And its amazing!
If you are in charge of bringing a desert this Thanksgiving, I highly recommend making our apple cake recipe. It’s guarenteed to be the hit of the party.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- **Instead of adding sugar and butter, just add 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup apple sauce**
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup flour
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup minus 1 tbl. brown sugar
- **I use the butter and sugar for the sauce, I’ve never tried subbing applesauce for butter in the sauce**
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- Combine applesauce and egg
- Add rest of dry ingredients and beat until mixed
- Fold in apples and pecans (pecans are optional). Pour into greased and floured large round, deep cake pan
- Bake at 350º for 35-40 minutes
- Meanwhile, make caramel sauce
- Caramel sauce: melt butter, brown sugar and salt in pan over low-med heat
- stir for 2-3 minutes
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and cream
- Drizzle lots of caramel sauce over cake
- Sprinkle chopped pecans on top for added YUM!
- Enjoy- à la mode!
*If you have any questions let me know
Is it really coming to a close? October 2018 has been a FAVORITE! From collaborations, shooting holiday campaigns for Nordic Track, working with Chasing FireFlies, Disney World, and so much more. This month has been one for the books and a month I have cherished!
Tonight I am getting ready for the kids school parade, and our fun halloween activity for the kids class parities.
We decided to do a fishing game where the kids will fish for prizes.
I invited my mom to come down for the fun so I am excited for the kids to have her there with us. It always makes it more special to have grandma there at these sort of events.
I wish you all a very safe and fun Halloween!
See you all November 🙂
Holland was super excited to get to go back to kindergarten. She was released until she got her immunizations, and we are proud to report that she is now all caught up.
Before you critique my “procrastination” this was all intentional.
Let me just say that immunizations, flu shots, circumcition, everyone has strong opinions about how they go about these things.
For me flu shot is an absolute NO (had a friend die from it (see post here))
Immunizations are Time Sensitive! (not one to rush shooting my kids up with who knows what) we do a SUPER delayed schedule. I have an uncle who suffered from polio from the age of 2-death (2015) never able to walk, so I do believe in them. It’s just a timing thing for me.
Circumcision 100% its what I prefer in men of all ages.
Just wanted to clear a few things up, and also share the link to one of my favorite outfits I’ve ever worn 🙂