Today was super fun as I got to spend the day getting glammed up by Laced Hair Extension Salon. I went with an Icy Ombre with Light Lavender streaks and I love it!
we believe in short walks to the fridge, laughing ’til it hurts & saying “I love you” whenever you feel like it 🙂
Kids are currently playing in the snow and Dallin and I are decorating the tree. Today the only thing I want to do is stay home and play in the snow.
dress (eliza j) / tights (nordstrom) / boots (rag and bone)
plaid shirt (walmart) / jeans (rag and bone) / boots (stuart weitzerman) / black faux fur coat (eliza j) / headband (asos)coat (h&m) / flare jeans (similar) / brown boots (french connection) / boys suspenders (h&m) / collared shirts (h&m) / uggs (nordstrom)
Apples are our favorite.They keep the dr. away, and are also natures toothbrush. But did you know they can also be used as oil, butter and sugar substitutes in baking. Yesterday we harvested some for our Thanksgiving feast. We are not big on pies, so we make apple cake. And its amazing!
If you are in charge of bringing a desert this Thanksgiving, I highly recommend making our apple cake recipe. It’s guarenteed to be the hit of the party.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- **Instead of adding sugar and butter, just add 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup apple sauce**
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup flour
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup minus 1 tbl. brown sugar
- **I use the butter and sugar for the sauce, I’ve never tried subbing applesauce for butter in the sauce**
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- Combine applesauce and egg
- Add rest of dry ingredients and beat until mixed
- Fold in apples and pecans (pecans are optional). Pour into greased and floured large round, deep cake pan
- Bake at 350º for 35-40 minutes
- Meanwhile, make caramel sauce
- Caramel sauce: melt butter, brown sugar and salt in pan over low-med heat
- stir for 2-3 minutes
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and cream
- Drizzle lots of caramel sauce over cake
- Sprinkle chopped pecans on top for added YUM!
- Enjoy- à la mode!
*If you have any questions let me know